We’re all pretty familiar with aluminum foil rolls. Some of us might refer to it as that thick and sturdy shiny stuff we use to preserve the texture and flavor of leftovers. Others may only think of it as the silver sheets that make cleanup easier after we’ve baked something in the oven. Well, here at Supplize, we’ll have you know that there are many other distinct qualities to aluminum foil tolld than the food packaging wrap’s color or glossy texture. Believe it or not, there are three main assortments of aluminum foil for shoppers to choose from: standard weight, heavy-duty, and extra heavy-duty. Each of these styles is uniquely different and serves distinct needs. Because we like to make the lives of our customers easier, we’ve done our research and compiled a guide for understanding these differences.
Standard Weight Aluminum Foil Rolls
Think of standard aluminum foil as your all-purpose solution. This means these rolls can be used for anything, from wrapping individual food items to covering pans. Look for foil rolls with blades as these are easier to use and make slicing your designated sheets a breeze; this is perfect for busy commercial kitchens where time is of the essence.
- Can be used for anything, from wrapping individual food items to covering food pans.
- Rolls with blades included are easy to use, making them a perfect addition to your busy commercial kitchen.
- Great for lining baking sheets, ovens, and grills to make cleanup as easy as possible.
- Regarded as the “economical foil roll” that’s essential for commercial and home use.
- Thin and pliable for handling a variety of home uses and commercial needs.
- Often much more affordable than heavy-duty or extra heavy-duty foils.
Con: This thin structure is prone to tearing or even burning when baking.
Most rolls declared “standard duty” are between .0004 mils and .0007 mils thick.
Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil Rolls
- The most common aluminum foil used for home and commercial use.
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil provides extra strength and tear resistance.
- A popular option for cooks who use it for baking, grilling, and storage.
- Durable and ideal for covering food pans during transport.
- Highly puncture- and tear-resistant.
Most rolls declared “heavy duty” are between .0008 mils and .001 mils thick.
Extra Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil Rolls
- Harder to access than the other options.
- Offers excellent tear resistance.
- Works well with everything heavy-duty and standard foil rolls are used for.
Most rolls declared “extra heavy duty” are between .0011 mils and .0016 mils thick.
Con: Because this roll is so difficult to find, a custom order might need to be made.
To explore Supplize’s selection of aluminum foil, click here.